A few days ago after a pleasant and gruelling badminton session, We got together for a round of jokes and you know the best joke that we heard that day was the same joke that we heard 30 years ago in class X.
So, basically we are all re-telling the same silly jokes? That’s because men don’t mature until they hit 43 … ELEVEN years after women. Well this is what the latest studies show, whereas in reality we are all pushing 50′s.
It won’t come as a surprise to most females that men mature later than women, but new research has pinpointed the exact age that boys mature completely as 43 – 11 whole years after women.
The study into the differences in maturity between genders revealed both men and women agree that males remain ‘immature’ well into their late 30s and early 40s.By contrast, the average age at which women mature is just 32.
Alarmingly, eight out of ten women believe that men ‘never stop being childish’ – with breaking wind, burping, eating fast food in the early hours and playing video games their biggest bug-bears.
Staying silent during arguments, not being able to cook simple meals and re-telling the same old jokes and stories when with the lads were also hailed as signs of immaturity.
Men were nearly twice as likely to describe themselves as immature than were women with one in four men believing they are actively immature.
Women were also twice as likely as men to feel that they were the ‘grown up’ one in their current relationship.
A quarter of women felt they were the ones made all the important decisions in the relationship with the same percentage wishing their partner would talk about themselves and what they’re feeling more often.
Women also found Men’s biggest maturity failings were still finding breaking wind funny, driving too fast and playing video games.
As a result, three in ten women have ended a relationship because they lost patience with the guy being too immature.
A whopping 46 per cent of women have had a relationship in which they felt they had to mother their partner a bit too much.
In fact the average British woman has to tell her partner to ‘act his age’ more than once a month – an average of 14 times a year.
Immaturity does have an upside though, with four in ten people saying that it is important in a relationship because it ensures the partnership stays fun and keeps things fresh.
One in three people think a bit of immaturity helps in bonding well with children.
30 SIGNS THAT YOUR OTHER HALF MIGHT HAVE SOME GROWING UP TO DO
Researchers asked women to reveal the signs that they say mean a man is still immature. Here are the top 30:
1. Finding their own farts and burps hilarious
2. Eating fast food at 2am
3. Playing videogames
4. Driving too fast or ‘racing’ another car at the lights or on the motorway
5. Sniggering a bit at rude words
6. Driving with loud music
7. Playing practical jokes
8. Trying to beat children at games and sport
9. Staying silent during an argument
10. Not being able to cook simple meals
11. Re-telling the same silly jokes and stories when with the lads
12. Not liking to talk about themselves or have a proper conversation
13. Hating books because they have short attention span or think they’re boring
14. Doing crazy dance moves
15. Their mother still does their washing
16.Their mother still makes them breakfast or, indeed, any meal
17. Wearing trainers to night clubs
18. Owning a skateboard or BMX
19. Not eating vegetables
20. Changing jobs regularly
21. Getting too excited over stag do’s
22. Trying to do wheelies or other stunts on their bike
23. Driving a modified car or one with a loud exhaust/boy racer
24. Showing off about how girls are attracted to them
25. Wearing pyjamas, specifically cartoon pyjamas
26. Using dodgy chat-up lines
27. Showing off about protein shakes/weight-lifting/how much they ‘lift’
29. Wearing baggy jeans
30. Having a cartoon bedspread