One thing common you will find among people who are facing some kind of slump or a low in their lives is that they are not active. They are able to spend the entire Sunday just sitting at home; reading newspaper and watching TV.
On the other hand people who are experiencing the highs of lives are always active and you would always find them running around to catch up on their social calendar.
Do something before this slump makes you hollow and unable to enjoy simple things in life for instance having drinks with friends, watching movie with family.
Here are some tips that might help you in getting the motivation to move out and shake out the low phase of your life.
- Start slow, start small : Start with baby steps. You can’t climb a mountain in a day; nobody can. Be patient. Begin with a 10 minutes walk and slowly build up on your endurance and stamina level. You may be thinking that you have to do these intense workouts 5 days a week. No — instead,just do 10 minutes of exercise. Once you’ve done 10 minutes a day for a week, increase it to 15, and stick with that for a week. In a month, you’ll be doing 30-45. Want to wake up early? Don’t think about waking at 5 a.m. Instead, think about waking 10 minutes earlier for a week. That’s all. Once you’ve done that, wake 10 minutes earlier than that.
- Find your inspiration : Look around in your community for someone in your age group who is really fit and take inspiration from him. There is little need to read books written by stalwarts for something as simple as exercising when your ideal person is just round the block. Believe me; you will not find just one, you will find many.
- Turn your daily routine in to a workout : Who says that you could exercise only in a Gym or in a sports club. Climbing a regular flight of stairs could be just enough for you.Running or walking somewhere you have to go anyway makes exercise feel time-efficient. And you don’t have to carve out another part of your day for it. Next time you have to go somewhere; try taking a metro.
- Look the part : Wear right clothes and get the right gear for sports. It reinforces your identity as an exerciser and when exercising is an integral part of your identity, it isn’t optional anymore. It’s just part of your life.
- Once you get it Keep it : Once you have got the hang of it; the worse thing you could do is to give it away. Try revolving your social life around your workout schedule and not the other way around. Best thing would be to make new friends in your workout group and start going out with them once in a while and see how they handle the social pressures without giving away the benefits of exercising.